Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Counting down the days...

Hi everyone,

Well, being 2009 you may not believe it, but this is my first time blogging, EVER! So, just sit tight and work with me. I may be a little jumpy at first, but I'll get better with time. Plus, I know you all won't be reading this for a month or so, but that's ok. It will give you some background detail to get you ready for what's to come!

Anyway, it's 8:30 on a Wednesday night and I'm waiting for someone to email my a file. Needless to say, my mind is wandering to our most amazing trip we're about to embark on. I still can't believe what we're about to do, but I am so unbelievably excited. I have been putting alot of time into this trip and it should hopefully turn out to be absolutely ridiculous. Currently, I have the first 3 weeks of the trip planned. We're starting in Tokyo, heading to Singapore and then onto Cambodia. We've made an exciting change in plans though. Originally we were thinking of going to Borneo or Kuala Lumpur, but I'm so excited for this now... We are going to backpack and wind our way through the southern Mekong Delta. I'm sure we'll have lots of stories for you. I don't want to give away too much though.

Now it's just getting down to finishing the rest of the plans. It's crazy that I only have 6 weeks left to plan (and yes, you read that correctly, I only have 6 weeks to plan, not Dave as you all probably can guess why :). There is so much to do. We're hoping the riots in Thailand calm down as that is one of our major reasons for going, along with thousands more!

Anyways, my emails are now popping up into my mailbox. Hopefully I did ok for my first time. I promise to get more exciting, I just don't want to give it all away!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you are off and running! Hope you have a great flight. Can't wait to read your first official "blog!".

    ReplyDelete